We bring expertise in all aspects of membrane protein production, structural biology and hit discovery. We provide flexible contracts and free feasibility assessments.
1) Membrane Protein Production
- Gene to protein
- Off-the-shelf proteins (list upon request)
- Construct engineering
- Purity, homogeneity, stability and functional testing
- Scaffold proteins for structural determination, such as Pro-macrobodies (PMbs)
2) Biophysical Characterization
- Characterization of client compounds (kinetics, thermodynamics)
- Protein thermalstability
- Compound library screening
- Nanobody screening
3) Protein Structure Determination
- Both X ray crystallography & Cryo-EM established internally
- Negative Staining EM
- Cryo-EM grid freezing optimization
- Fragments-based drug discovery
- Crystallization screening
- Serial and time-resolved crystallography
4) Computational Modeling
- Model building & molecular dynamics
- Docking of ligands in experimental maps
- Ligand-Protein interaction analysis
- Virtual screening
- Structure-based drug design
5) Integrated Lead Discovery Projects
Lead small molecule drug discovery projects from hit finding to candidate selection (including medicinal, synthetic and computational drug discovery).
Why choose us
leadXpro acts as a contract research organisation for a growing number of pharmaceutical, biotech and academic partners, with a variety of partnership models.
Together, we accelerate structure-based drug discovery programs for membrane proteins.
Here are some of the reasons why our partners love working with us:
Case Studies: partnered projects
Together with the Basel Biozentrum and the Institute of Medical Microbiology in Zurich, leadXpro solved the structure of the bacterial transporter LptDE to provide structural basis for the design of novel antibiotics.
First Cryo-EM structure of the human TRPV4 ion-channel in the open conformation, in complex with an agonist.
In partnership with Bayer, leadXpro has generated protein and solved the cryo-EM structure of human TRPV4 in complex with the agonist 4α-PDD, providing novel information about agonist binding to this important drug target.
Contact us today to discuss partnering opportunities.