Laboratory Technician Protein Expression and Purification
Founded in 2015, leadXpro AG is a lead compound discovery company focusing on membrane protein drug targets. We are committed to the application of biophysical and structure-based methods for the discovery and optimization of next generation medicines. We capitalize on our knowledge and experience in membrane protein structural biology and capitalize on the use of large Swiss research facilities (SLS, SwissFEL and Cryo-EM). This is an excellent opportunity to join a young and exciting company engaged in cutting edge applied research. leadXpro is located at the PARK INNOVAARE, 5234 Villigen, Switzerland. For more information, please visit: https://leadxpro.com
leadXpro is currently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic laboratory technician who will be part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists working on leadXpro proprietary as well as partnered projects within a highly collaborative international environment. The successful candidate will perform membrane protein expression and purification in quantities that enable structural and biophysical studies.
Key tasks and responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to work within a dynamic team that values transparency, integrity, reliability, and a passion for science to create benefits for the patients.
Key duties include:
- Performing scientific research under guidance of a supervisor
- Maintaining cultures of insect and mammalian cells and generation of baculoviruses
- Hands-on experience in expression in bacterial culture
- Screening and optimising expression conditions using a variety of techniques including fluorescence-based assay and Western blot
- Optimization and upscaling of recombinant protein expression
- Purification of proteins using chromatography methods (affinity, ion exchange and size exclusion chromatography)
- Monitoring of protein quality and purity using fluorescence-size exclusion chromatography and SDS-PAGE
- Maintenance of laboratory records and participation in data analysis
Taking part in laboratory organization and maintenance of supplies and equipment
Applicants should have an apprenticeship as laboratory technician, B.Sc. or M.Sc. in biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, or a related discipline. Hands-on experience with protein expression, purification as well as standard protein analytical techniques is expected. Previous experience with membrane protein biochemistry would be a plus. Excellent communication skills and fluency in English is essential, knowledge of German would be advantageous. leadXpro actively seeks to develop a diverse workforce and encourages application from diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
If you are interested to join the team, please send your C.V. with the keyword “Technician Protein Expression and Purification” in the subject line per email to: info@leadXpro.com
The deadline for the application is 15th of October, 2022